The Walk-Bike Council will hold its next meeting on Tuesday, September 15th from 5:30-7:00pm via Zoom. (meeting link)
- Introducing the Council's new liaison at LocalMotion: Jonathon Weber, Livable Streets Program Manager
- Walk and Roll to School during the pandemic (Eric)
I’m willing to report out on the study that Middlebury College students undertook last spring looking at how students get to and from Mary Hogan Elementary School. I’d also be curious to hear what ideas council members have for the Safe Routes programs this year considering there are no Walk and Roll Wednesdays and visitors are not allowed on school grounds.
Safe routes and parking (Laura)
Route 7 navigation (thru school/shopping zone)
Bike parking standards (design, placement, sheltering)
Bus stop amenities (place to sit, bike parking)
Safe Routes to Schools/Parks
- Status update on Bike/Ped. Grants, both those that have been funded, and pending applications that are coming in for the September 30 deadline. (Mike)
- Update on the Walk Bike Summit (Mike)
- Triangle Loop update and next steps (Mike/Doug/Laura)
Meetings of the Walk-Bike Council are open to the public. Individuals interested in representing their towns or joining in topical Working Groups should contact Adam Franco.