The January meeting of the Walk Bike Council of Addison County was held on January 30, 2020 at the ACRPC.
- Vergennes Recreation Committee, proposed Vergennes Loop idea (Amy Yuen)
- MacIntosh Mtn Bike Park site plan, Vergennes (Tim Clark & Eric Berg (ACBC))
- Bike parking during Middlebury rail project (Mike Winslow)
- Human Powered Parade (Melanie Kessler)
- Walk Audit training (Mike Winslow for Michele Butler)
- W-B Council facebook page discussion (Tim Clark)
- Vermont Walk-Bike Summit (Mike Winslow)
- Triangle Bike Loop next steps (Patrick Olstad, SE Group)
(Notes from the: October Meeting)
Continue below for full notes.
- Mike Winslow, ACRPC
- Adam Franco, Midd
- Laura Asermily, Midd Safe Routes
- Nate Burt, Midd Safe Routes
- Bethany Yon, Vt Dept of Health, Midd office
- Claire Tebbs, Midd
- Eric Berg, Midd, ACBC
- Amy Yuen w/Verg Rec Comm
- Bud Reed, Midd
- Larry Buck, New Haven
- Tim Clark, Waltham
- Mary Yates, Bristol
- Lisa Bernardin, Midd
- Eric Remsen, Midd Safe Routes
- Doug McKain, New Haven
- Ed McGuire, New Haven
- Melanie Kessler, Bristol, HPP
- Katie Raycroft Meyer, Bristol & ACRPC
- Patrick Olstad, SE Group, Triangle Bicycle Loop
Vergennes Recreation Committee, proposed Vergennes Loop idea (Amy Yuen)
Goals: connect parks and other public spaces in a circle loop & connects to Triangle Bike Loop
Approved by City Council
Incl in new 7-year municipal plan
MacIntosh Mtn Bike Park site plan, Vergennes (Tim Clark & Eric Berg (ACBC))
ACBC have applied for grants to pay for trail bldg
W-B Council gave suggestions for other grants.
Bike parking during Middlebury rail project (Mike Winslow)
While railroad tunnel construction is underway, Town of Midd has purchased & will install U-type bike racks. Would like Midd Safe Streets input on the location of 34 “U loops”/bike racks.
Eric & Mike will coordinate the purchase. It’s a VTrans grant.
Human Powered Parade (Melanie Kessler)
May 9th, 10am-2pm
Trying to move the HPP to a town organized and looking for more orgs involvement.
Claire Tebbs spoke in support the HPP and is now the W-B Council contact person for the HPP
Walk Audit training (Mike Winslow for Michele Butler)
Walk Audit training (training the trainers) with Mark Fenton on Thurs, May 7th,
W-B Council facebook page discussion (Tim Clark)
Vermont Walk-Bike Summit (Mike Winslow)
postcards - avail next week
programs - still accepting proposals
sponsors - still accepting, but wrapping up soon - date?
theme: Creating Healthy Communities
Claire: W-B Council stickers
Triangle Bike Loop next steps (Patrick Olstad, SE Group)
Power Point presenting package to local Select Boards & general public, customized for each town. Avail next week.
Public Outreach meeting - presentation format (not workshop style) for generating interest. Perhaps a “naming” of the route contest or suggestions.
New Haven, late March. actual date tbd.
Advertise: flyers at Town Meetings, FPF, Add Inde, W-B Council website